- International Gemological Institute or I.G.I. is a Diamond, colored stone and jewelry certification organization.
- I.G.I. is headquartered in Antwerp and has offices in many cities around the world like New York City, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Toronto, Los Angeles, etc.
- Established in 1975, I.G.I. is one of the largest independent gemological laboratories in the world.
- I.G.I. has the only international certification lab controlled by one central governing body that adheres to one internationally accepted system for Diamond grading.
- It is one of the few Institutes to be ISO (International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001: 2000) certified in four countries.
Questions asked by our shoppers:
Q: “What is the difference between a G.I.A. Diamond Report and an I.G.I. report?”
Ans: Regarding the certificate itself, the differences are minimal, with both offering more or less same information. But regarding the authenticity of the tests conducted on the Diamonds, most believe a G.I.A. report to be more accurate, but it is more of a personal choice than experience.
Q: “So can I be sure of an I.G.I. report?”
Ans: Yes! You can be totally assured with an I.G.I. Diamond Certificate; it is one of the biggest and highly consistent laboratories in the world.
Q: “Can I view the I.G.I. certificate of one of your Diamonds before buying it?”
Ans: Yes! You can certainly view the I.G.I. certificate of our Diamonds before you buy your ring. Simply click on ‘view certificate’ to view the actual certificate of that Diamond.